From time to time, you may want to unassign all staff from or delete a client from your client list. For example, the client may no longer be a client of your firm or the client is no longer interested in being part of the software and do not want any information of theirs in the portal.
You cannot remove the client from your client list yourself. If you want to remove clients' from your account completely, please contact email@example.com
- Unassign: This does not delete the client account entirely, but removes all staff access to the client portal. This does not take the client off your company ‘umbrella’, but comes off your client list. When all staff are unassigned, you are no longer able to access/view the client or see the client in your list.
- Delete: This completely removes the client from your client list and the entire portal system. The client must complete this through their portal. See: How do I delete my account
To unassign all staff from a client: (ensure you downgrade to a starter account first)
- In the Partner portal>Clients>Client List.
- Find the client you want to unassign staff, and in the list check the box next to their name.
- In the drop down list next to I Want to .... choose Unassign staff members.
- In the pop up window, tick all staff associated with the file and click Unassign staff from the client.
Warning: If you unassign all staff members you will no longer see or have access to this client's file.
- Click "Done " on the verification pop up window.
- Your client is now unassigned from all staff access.