To view a video of how to unlink, click Here
From time to time, you may need to remove or delete a client from your client list. For example, the client may no longer be a client of your firm and you want to remove them.
There are a few ways to remove the client from your list.
- Unlink: This does not delete the client account entirely, but unlinks them from your company ‘umbrella’. When a client is unlinked, you are no longer charged for the client or see the client in your list.
- Delete: This completely removes the client from your client list and the entire portal system. The client must complete this through their portal. See: How do I delete my account
To Unlink or Remove a client:
- In the Partner portal>Clients>Client List.
- Find the client you want to remove or unlink, and in the list check the box next to their name.
- In the drop down list next to I Want to .... choose Unassign staff members.
- In the pop up window, tick all staff associated with the file and click Unassign staff from the client.
Warning: If you unassign all staff members you will no longer see or have access to this client's file.
- Click "Done " on the verification pop up window.
- Your client is now unlinked from your client list and your company’s account.