You can add a client into a portal, create an account for them and input preliminary data for a client before you send them an invitation. When your client’s account is set up and ready, you can send them an invitation to their portal.
Invitations can be sent individually or in bulk.
To send invitations in bulk to multiple clients, see How do I perform bulk actions on the client list?
To send an invitation to an individual client or client group co-owners:
- In the Partner Portal, go to Clients>Client List.
- Click on the name of the client/client group you would like to invite. A dropdown list will open for that individual client or client group.
- In the menu, click ‘Send Invite’ next to each client name in the group or click the three dot action on the main client name to send to all owners of the group or for an individual, click 'Send Invite' next to their email address in the drop down menu.
- You will be asked if you would like to send a digital form with the invitation or if you just want to send the invite alone. Click 'Send invite'.
- In the dropdown menu, the ‘Send invite’ button will change to ‘Invitation sent just now’ to show that the action has been completed. Your client will receive an email to activate their account and set a password. Ensure your client checks their junk or spam account if they have not received the email.
- Once the page is refreshed*, the dropdown menu will display the message: ‘Waiting for member to accept invitation (invitation date sent)’ and Send invite will appear again should you need to resend the invitation.
- Refresh the page, by clicking on the circular forward arrow at the top of your screen or clicking F5.
- Once a client has set up their account, the dropdown menu reflects their last logged in date.
1) The activation email is only valid for 30 days
2) If a client is added as a guest to an account, an automatic invitation email will be sent to them, so you don’t need to send a separate invitation.
You can track your client's portal usage activity by exporting your client list to CSV. This will provide you with information such as activation status, last log in date, pro or starter account subscriptions and assigned staff. For more information see How do I export my client list to CSV?