You can easily change a client’s details if they have been entered incorrectly.
To adjust a client’s public details such as their name or phone number:
- In your Partner Portal, go to Clients>Client List
- Click the Viewing eye in the ‘Actions’ column next to the relevant client.
- Once in the client file, navigate to the ‘Team’ section.
- Select the client’s name and click on the edit icon (pencil on top right).
- In the ‘Public details’ tab, you can adjust the client’s name, add or change a phone number, add an external ID (such as your internal system account number) or even a photo.
- Click ‘Save’.
To amend a client email address:
The way you change a client’s email address will depend on whether or not they have accepted the portal invitation. You can only change their email address if they have not yet accepted the portal invitation (see step 1 below). If they have already accepted the invitation, only the client or support team can change the email address (see step 2 below).
A) If the client has not yet accepted the invitation to the portal:
- In the Partner Portal, go to Client>Client List.
- Click on the client’s name.
- In the drop down screen, click the three dots near the client name in the box, then click the ‘change email address ’ button
- Add the client’s correct email address.
- Click ‘Change email’ to confirm.
B) To change an email address if a client has accepted the invitation:
The client can change their email address themselves in their portal. Please have them refer to How do I change the email address I use to log in?