Your portal allows you to provide your clients with an efficient, effective and easy way to sign documents.
eSignatures is available to use if your company’s subscription enables this.
To upload a document for digital signing:
- In your Partner Portal, navigate to Clients>Client List
- Identify the client you would like to send the document to and click on the document icon in the Actions column.
- The Upload Document page opens.
- Choose they type of document you are uploading: Tax, Advice or Others
- In the Uploading box, select the actual document (e.g. SOA, tax return etc) by clicking on the Choose a file (the select from your folders) or drag and drop a file into the box.
Please note the document must be less than 16MB. Total documents (document and supporting documents ) must not exceed 50MB in total.
- Upload the document file ensuring it is in .pdf format.
- Identify where you would like the file saved in the portal after it has been signed.
- You can choose to select ‘Lock file’ which will only allow YOU to delete it once it is in the client portal not the client.
- If the document requires a signature(s), check the ‘Requires esignature(s)’ tickbox.
- You can choose required signatories from the drop down list in the signature area. The drop down list is all team members of the client file who have an affiliated email address. If the name is not in the list, you can click on “Add new signer”.
- You have the option to include a message and supporting documents (such as Terms and Conditions, Factsheets, Information brochures etc) by clicking on ‘choose one or more files’ .
- Once all information is completed, click Upload at the bottom of the page.
Reminder: Please note the document must be less than 16MB. Total documents (document and supporting documents ) must not exceed 50MB in total.
- The Upload Document page opens.
- Use the next page screen to position and allocate the type of signatures required. You can Delete the current ones on the first page if the actual signature is required on a page further down just by using the Clear all. This removes the need to drag the signing label to other pages.
- You can drag and drop the tabs to the required positions.
- You can add additional signatures by identifying the page and position of the signature required, selecting the recipient by clicking on their name in the Recipients section and then clicking on the “Signature” option in the Fields section.
- Once a signature has been placed on the document it can be edited by clicking on the signature tab that was placed. Once a tab has been selected the right section of the page provides options to change the tabs Settings as well as Field Formatting options to adjust the font size.
- Within this Settings section you have the ability to change the recipient of the signature as well as the type of signature this tab represents.
- Click to Sign - The client will click and it will show an electronic stamp recording the name and date signed.
- Click to Initial - The client will click and it will add the client’s initials where placed.
- Capture Signature - The client will be required to actually sign their name using their finger on their phone screen or computer touchscreen or use their computer’s mouse to sign their name.
- In the Fields section you can add a number of signature based fields as well as a variety of checkbox and text field options. These options become available once a placed signature field has been selected. To view all Field options place your cursor over the Fields section and scroll down using either a mouse-wheel or by clicking and dragging the scrollbar that appears.
- Using the “Accept Only” option under the Recipients section allows you to make this eSignature request only require the client to accept the document and not have to sign. Selecting this option will remove all signatures and fields that were added previously. You will then be prompted to choose who is required to accept the document when received. When you have finished, click ‘Send’ or ‘Send Manually’.
Click here for more information on the difference between ‘Send’ and ‘Send Manually’.
Depending on your sending requirements, your client can receive an email and a push notification on their mobile app advising of the signature required, but all clients will see a notification on their portal advising a signature is required.
Note: Reminders are sent automatically 3 times over nine days if the document is not signed by the client.