Follow the steps below to import XPLAN client data (i.e. client name, preferred email address, and phone number) as well as portfolios held in the IPS module to the portal. For an overview of how the integration works, click here.
Before you get started, you’ll want to ensure your practice (if self-licensed) or dealer group has an API Agreement in place with IRESS.
For self-licensed Partners
- Ask your XPLAN site owner to contact their XPLAN account executive and request an API Agreement.
- The XPLAN account executive will forward the API Agreement to your site owner to acknowledge and accept.
- Once accepted, XPLAN will configure the API keys of your XPLAN site to enable third party integrations.
For dealer group licensed Partners
- Contact your dealer group and ask them to get in touch with their XPLAN account executive to request an API Agreement.
- The XPLAN account executive will then forward the API Agreement to the dealer group to acknowledge and accept.
- Once accepted XPLAN will configure the API keys of your dealer group’s XPLAN site to enable third party integrations.
Once your API Agreement is in place, you can proceed to enable the integration.
Note: Ensure you use the login for Xplan that has access to the IPS Portfolio feature
Enabling the XPlan integration:
To enable the integration:
- Navigate to the Configure menu on the left of your portal, then click on Integrations and select XPLAN.
Note: Only Partners on the legacy pricing plans, or Enhance and above, can import IPS portfolios. Partners on Connect may only import client details.
- A Confirm XPLAN API Agreement Before Proceeding appears. Confirm and click submit.
- Open a new tab and go to the XPLAN login page. Make sure you are logged out.
- Copy your XPLAN base URL (eg. https://practicename.xplan.iress.com.au) from the address bar and paste it in the ‘XPLAN base URL’ field in your portal. Click ‘Connect’.
- You’ll be redirected to XPLAN. Log in and authorise the import by clicking ‘Allow’.
- Once you click ‘Allow’ you’ll be redirected back to the portal. A status message will now display an update on the progress of the import.
When the import is complete you will be notified via email and the status message will update accordingly. Click on the link in the email, or the ‘Review and import data’ button on the integration page to open the review wizard.