Follow the steps below to import Xplan client and spouse/partner data (i.e. client name, preferred email address, and phone number) as well as portfolios held in the IPS module, balance sheet items, income and expense, wills, and much more to the portal. For an overview of how the integration works, click here.
Before you get started, you’ll want to ensure your practice (if self-licensed) or dealer group has an API Agreement in place with IRESS.
For self-licensed Partners
- Ask your Xplan site owner to contact their Xplan account executive and request an API Agreement.
- The Xplan account executive will forward the API Agreement to your site owner to acknowledge and accept.
- Once accepted, Xplan will configure the API keys of your Xplan site to enable third party integrations.
For dealer group licensed Partners
- Contact your dealer group and ask them to get in touch with their Xplan account executive to request an API Agreement.
- The Xplan account executive will then forward the API Agreement to the dealer group to acknowledge and accept.
- Once accepted Xplan will configure the API keys of your dealer group’s Xplan site to enable third party integrations.
Once your API Agreement is in place, you can proceed to enable the integration.
1) Ensure you use the login for Xplan that has access to the IPS Portfolio feature
2) Only Partners on the legacy pricing plans, or Enhance and above, can import IPS portfolios. Partners on Connect may only import client details.
Enabling the Xplan integration:
IMPORTANT: You must ensure you are logged out of any sessions of Xplan prior to following the below steps to enable the integration.
- Navigate to the Configure>Integrations, then click 'Setup' within the Iress integration tile.
- You must read through and confirm the API agreement. Once done, tick 'I confirm' and click submit.
- Copy your Xplan base URL (eg. https://practicename.xplan.iress.com.au) and paste it in the ‘Xplan base URL’ field within the portal. Click ‘Connect’.
- You’ll be redirected to Xplan . Log in and authorise the integration by clicking ‘Allow’.
- Once you click ‘Allow’ you’ll be redirected back to the portal. A message will display the status of the connection.
You are now ready to import clients and import / export client data.