1. The client must have a preferred email address.
2. The client must be a client and master entity.
Importing of non-Client entities (Partner, Trust, SMSF) is currently not supported. These non-client entities can be brought in via CSV file upload- click here to see how.
3. The “Entity Status” field for the client must be set to “Client”
1. The integration must be successfully set up. For more information, see How to set up your Xplan integration
2. The login used to setup the integration has the necessary permissions over the clients you wish to import.
If you have received an email advising that your attempt to import from Xplan has failed, the probable cause of the issue is a broken connection with the integration.
To fix the connection:
1. Sign out of any Xplan sessions you are currently in.
2. In myprosperity, navigate to Configure>Integrations>Xplan>Manage.
3. Click 'Update Connection' and then select 'Reconnect'.
4. A pop up box will appear to notify that you are being directed to Xplan. Click 'Continue to Xplan'.
5. You will be asked by Xplan to allow myprosperity access to connect to your Xplan account. Click 'Allow'.
6. Once you are logged in to Xplan, return to myprosperity and start the import process again by selecting 'Import data'.
If you’re still experiencing issues after reconnecting, contact our support team at email@example.com
If the client does not appear within the review stage of the Xplanimport this indicates that an error is occurring which is preventing the client from being imported.
To identify the error:
1. Navigate to the Xplanintegration page, Configure>Integrations>IRESS>Manage.
2. Click 'Review and Import data'.
3. Select any client whom you know will successfully import and click 'Save and Continue'.
4. Review the data (there is no need to select any data that is not required) and click 'Save and continue'.
5. Click 'Confirm and Import data'.
6. You will receive an email once the import is complete. Navigate back to the Xplan integration page and within the Connection status, click the 'here' link.
7. A new browser window will open. You can see how many clients were not able to be processed.
Click on the arrow next to "Clients could not be processed'.
8. Locate the missing client by using your web browsers search function. The error will be displayed to the left of the client name.
In most cases the error can be corrected within Xplan(Data requirements in Xplan are explained within this article under 'What are the data requirements in Xplan for successfully importing to the portal?).
If there is an error that you are unable to correct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a screenshot of the error and the clients name so they can further assist.
I’ve entered my Xplan credentials but no clients are pulling through on the review page. What’s wrong?
This tends to happen when either:
- The API Agreement isn’t in place or;
- You do not have sufficient permissions in Xplan to export client data.
If #1, simply contact your Xplan site owner to resolve the issue (for more information, How to set up your Xplan integration)
If #2, you can either modify your permission settings in Xplan, or ask a colleague who has full permissions to enable the Xplan integration on their portal account, then assign the appropriate clients to you.
The portal works on the identifier being the email address of a client. If the client has been created again on import, check the email address as it could differ from that within the portal.
If this has happened, you will need to adjust the Xplan email to match the portal and reimport the client again.
If the portal has the wrong email, this will need to be amended and then reimported.
Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance with this.
Client details (i.e. name and phone number) are static data that is only pulled through when you import clients for the first time, and during every additional import where they are selected as part of the process.
Portfolios are live feeds and the values are updated in the portal overnight.
If you attempt to import a portfolio to the client portal and you've already imported it previously, the system will recognise that it already exists and will not duplicate the data. However, if an alternate staff member (other than the one who originally imported the portfolio) tries to import the same portfolio, such a situation will create duplicate data in a client’s portal, with the same feed being imported from 2 different sources.
Either deselect the portfolio during the Xplan data review stage, or cancel the equivalent direct feed in the portal.
A client has changed their email address. If I update it on Xplan or the portal, will this break the sync?
If you update a client’s email address in one of the two platforms but not the other, the sync will break the next time you import additional data and select that client as part of the process. A new client file may be created if the email is new in the portal.
To avoid breaking the sync, either never select the client during future imports or simply update the client’s email address in both platforms to ensure the systems recognise them as the same person.
Please allow processing time (up to 24 hours) for the data to be moved across into the portal. When a portfolio is imported into the portal, it will initially show $0 before it is able to gather the holdings and calculate the current balance.
If, upon allowing processing time the portfolio is still showing $0, this is most likely due to a timeout in the connection between Xplan and the portal. Simply navigate back to the integration setup page and click on ‘Reconnect’, then re-enter your credentials (for how to, see above "I have received an email stating an unexpected error occurred during the Xplan integration process" )
If you’re still experiencing issues, contact our fabulous support team at firstname.lastname@example.org