The integrations section allows you to setup and import your Sharesight lists and link them to your client wealth portals (assuming they are an active member on your wealth portal).
The sync between Sharesight and the portal occurs at the user level. Once the connection is enabled, access is granted to whatever client data you have permissions for in Sharesight.
To import data, your subscription level must be at least Enhance.
What data gets imported?
Once it is set up and linked, the portal will import your clients’ portfolio information and/or super balances. A read only view of your clients’ holdings, transactions and details will be displayed.
Note: Transactions are only viewable in the Wealth area under the asset, not in the Cashflow area.
How to link your Sharesight account
- In your Partner Portal, go to Configure >Integrations on the side panel navigation menu
- Select the Setup cog next to Sharesight
- At the setup page, click Login to Sharesight
- Confirm you want to be redirected to the Sharesight by clicking Continue to Sharesight
- Enter your login credentials for your Sharesight
- Once your credentials are accepted, you will see the message a message showing Connection to your Sharesight funds was successful.
Note: Some connections may take a while depending on the volume of information from Sharesight. Please allow up to 24 hours before requesting assistance.
- Click on the ‘View Funds’ link. Your funds will be listed with Fund Name, Fund ID and the MP account status.
Note: An Updating fund list at the right of the screen indicates your funds are still populating with your partner portal.
How to link a fund to a client
- Find the name of the fund you would like to link to the portal client file
- Click on Link next to the name.
- In the pop up window, add the client’s email address used in the portal file and click the ‘Search’ button
- If the email address you entered is valid, you can choose the Fund type in the dropdown list (SMSF or Investment) and click ‘Link account’
- The account status will show as ‘Pending’ in the ‘MP account’ column
- Once linked, account details will show in the ‘MP Account’ status column
- You can then go to your client file and view the account in wealth area of the portal
Note: To view the email account linked to a file, click on the ‘Details’ link in the MP account column
Note: It is important to click on the ‘Refresh Fund list’ icon regularly as new clients are added in Sharesight often and will appear in the portal only after you have refreshed the environment