Guest access allows team members to collaborate in your client’s account. You can:
- add other partners providing different services to your clients, or
- add a spouse/relative to the account, to allocate ownership for shared assets.
- add a co-owner to the account, giving full access and rights to that individual
Your client must first add a team member and determine the type of access the individual has. This can also be done on behalf of the client if you have been given write access to the Team area. You must log into your clients' account via your partner portal and add a team member.
For help on how to add a team member, click here.
- If the guest does not have a wealth portal, he/she will receive an email (see below) with a link to create a log-in for a full or restricted view (based on read/write permissions) of the account, where the shared assets can be viewed. Newly created guest accounts appear in the default agent’s client list.
- If the guest already has a wealth portal, he/she will be able to log-in and toggle between his/her own account and a restricted view of your account through a “Switch” button in the top right hand corner or if added as a co-owner will be directly accessing the shared account.
- If the guest is another accountant/advisor in the practice, the client will appear on his/her list of clients. This would be used in cases where one or more partners in a practice are providing services to an individual.
Note: The locked settings icon indicates that you don’t have access to that account’s settings