When staff leave or no longer need access to the system, a staff member should be removed from having access.
To remove a staff member from the partner portal, there are 4 steps involved::
Step 1: Removing Staff member from all open Rooms or closing the Rooms they are in.
- In your Partner Portal, click on Rooms (should be done in the staff portal you are going to be removing). Ensure you are removed from any open rooms.
- Click on the Enter Room
3. Remove yourself from a room if you are in the People section. Click the trash in the corner to remove. If there are no other members of your firm, allocate another prior to removing yourself. If you are not part of the room, it will have a Join Room and you don't need to worry about these rooms.
Step 2: Reassigning clients to another staff member.
NOTE: You must first ensure clients under the staff members’ login are assigned to other staff members prior to unassigning and deleting the staff member.
- In your Partner Portal, click on Client List (should be done in the staff portal you are going to be removing).
- Click on the box next to Name in the main screen. This should select all client files.
- Click Assign staff member and choose the staff member/s that will be assigned the client files.
- Click Assign.
- A confirmation pop up box will appear. Click ‘Done’
Step 3: Unassign staff member from client files
- In your Partner portal>Client list, select the clients of the staff member you would like to delete by ticking the box next to their name.
- Click ‘I want to’ and choose Unassign staff members.
- Choose the staff in the pop up box and click ‘Unassign staff from clients’
- A confirmation window opens, click Done.
- You can now continue to remove the staff member.
Step 4: Remove Staff member
- In your Partner Portal, click on Admin Settings>Staff
- Find staff member profile you would like to remove and click on View.
- Once profile opened, Click Remove this account.
- A confirmation box opens, click ‘Confirm remove’ to remove the staff member from access to the Partner Portal.
- The staff member will then be removed from your Partner Portal.
Note: If the staff member still has files assigned to their login, the member cannot be removed.
Note: A staff member who has been removed will still have an individual portal under their login details.