***Watch this video to see how to close your Room How do I create a Room for a client? or read instructions below.***
Before you Begin:
Prior to starting Rooms in your portal, it is vital that your firm’s Services and Client Survey configurations are set up and reviewed. These areas assist with acknowledging the needs of your clients.
All clients, whether on Starter or Pro, can use the rooms function. A Room can be created by you, through your partner portal (client to verify) or your client through their client portal.
A client must first be set up in the portal in order for a Room to be created. See How to add clients.
A Room can be added through the Rooms area or the Lead Generation area in your partner portal. Only you can add a Room, clients do not have this capability.
To add a room for a client from Rooms :
- In your Partner Portal navigate to Rooms.
- Click ‘Create a Room’
- Add the details for the new room you want to create.
Select the client, Room Type (usually the service you are providing), and the Room name (description of the room). Click “Create a Room”
- The client will NOT receive a notification that a room has been created. If you wish to do so, once in the room click 'Email members'.
- The Room has now been created. The Room will open in the Activity section.
To add a Room for a client from the Lead Generation area :
Upon logging into the portal, a client will complete a survey, configured by your firm, and depending on the yes/no answers, an opportunity is created.
Opportunities show services a client may need assistance with and are listed on the opportunities board (Lead generation>Opportunities)
- In your Partner Portal, navigate to Lead Generation >Opportunities.
- Click the Service that has an opportunity within it. A red dot to the left of the service denotes a newly created opportunity.
- In the drop down list, choose the client and click the 3 dots button under the 'Rooms’ column.
If there is already an existing Room open for the client, you can select the Room and discuss the opportunity within that Room.
If you want to open a new Room, click '+Create another Room'.
- Upon selecting to create a new Room, a pop-up window appears.
Set up the Room name and description and click 'Create a room'.
- Once the room is created, it will open in a new window.
How do I work inside the Room feature?
What are opportunities?
How do I configure the client survey?