The portal's estate planning feature makes it easy for financial professionals or their predetermined external trusted legal professional to receive requests from clients for assistance with Will preparation to and pull together an Executor Kit.
The feature has 2 core elements:
- The Will Wizard which comprises a series of basic questions designed to gather information about a client’s desired beneficiaries, legal guardians, and executor.
- The Executor Kit Wizard, which collects and organises the client’s financial data held within the portal. The resulting document can be found in the client’s wealth portal and contains the client’s instructions and wishes for the executor to carry out.
Please note: while the Will Wizard feature is available on all client subscriptions, the Executor Kit is only available to clients on a Pro subscription.
How does it work?
The feature is designed to be simple to use both for you and for your clients.
- Step 1: Enable the Will wizard and nominate you or your partner law firm to be informed of a client's request for a Will or Will review. Wills are not currently being populated automatically.
- Step 2: Encourage your clients to complete the Will Wizard. They can access the Wizard in the protection section of their wealth portal.
- Step 3: Complete the Will questions, you or your predetermined legal firm will receive notice of client request depending on your configuration default.
- Step 4: Help your client get an Executor Kit. The Executor Kit is not a legally binding document but, by collecting and organising the client’s financial data and estate planning wishes, it helps make things as easy as possible for the executor to administer their estate.
If your client is on a Pro subscription, both the Will and the Executor Kit can be found in the protection section of their portal. If the client is on Starter, the Will wizard will be under the protection section of their portal.
Expert Tip: The Executor Kit is a great opportunity for you to ensure your client’s wealth portal details are up to date; indeed, the Executor Kit Wizard prompts them to review and, if needed, update all of the information they’ve provided thus far.