When a new client is added to your portal, you must send them an invitation to activate their account.
By following the below steps, your client can quickly and easily activate and use their account.
1. When the client has received their invitation email, they must click 'Activate' within the body of the email.
2. A new browser page will open and they will be taken to the 'Activate your account' screen.
Field 1- Your display name (mandatory): This field is prefilled based on the name chosen by the firm when the client account was created - you can adjust your name if required.
Field 2 & 3- Password / Password confirmation (mandatory): The client's password must contain the following:
- 6 characters or more
- 1 lower case letter
- 1 upper case letter
- 1 number
- 1 special character (!$@#%^&*?)
- Password must not begin with '<'
As you enter your password, you will see the requirements that have been met will change to green with a tick beside them. For the password to be a accepted, all criteria must be showing green.
Field 4 - Date of birth (optional): The client's date of birth must be in dd/mm/yyyy format. You can also click on this field and a popup calendar is shown so you can easily locate and click on the appropriate date - once clicked it will be filled in in the correct format.
Field 5- Phone number (optional) : The client's phone number entered must meet the following rules:
- a "+" symbol is allowed but not required. If you choose to add the symbol, you may only add it at the start of your phone number.
- The phone number can be any length.
- Only numerical digits and the symbol "+" are allowed. You cannot use any alphabetical letters or any spaces between digits i.e. "+123 123 123" will occur an error whilst "+123123123" will be accepted.
Field 6 - Do you have a business? (mandatory): The client must choose one of the two options.
Field 7 - Terms and conditions (mandatory): The tick box needs to be checked, accepting the terms and conditions.
3. Only when all of the mandatory fields noted above are completed successfully, the "Activate account" option be highlighted green and selectable. Click "Activate account" to proceed.
4. Upon clicking the activation button, the client will be granted access to their portal and a confirmation page will appear confirming that their password has been created.
If you have sent your client a digital form or a document to sign along with the welcome email, they may be taken directly to the form or document to complete.