There may be occasions where you wish to send your client/s a document to read and acknowledge without the need to sign, for example a Financial Services Guide. The portal allows you to send documents to your clients to 'Read and Accept' only, without the need for signing.
Once the client has read and accepted the document, you can download a copy of the evidence summary. The evidence summary outlines information such as the time, date and other important details about when the document was read and accepted.
To send a document to your client to Read & Accept only:
1. From the Dashboard, navigate to Documents>eSignatures.
2. Select 'Request eSignature'.
3. A pop-up box will appear. Type your client's name and select the name from the list.
4. You will be taken to the eSignature area. By default, the client will be listed as recipient number 1.
You can add additional recipients by clicking '+Add recipient'.
NOTE: eSignatures require full names (first and last names). If you have a client with just a first name displayed, edit the signer name by going to the 'Team' section of the client portal and ensure the client has a first and last name.
Add a new recipient: Allows you to add an external party to the document package. Add in their first and last name as well as email address. New signers will be added as guests into the client's account (with no access permissions other than to sign document).
Add a team member: Select a team member who already exists within the client portal.
Add a recipient with shared email: Allows you to send the document for signing using an email address that already exists in the portal. This is ideal for clients who share an email address.
To delete a recipient: Click the rubbish bin icon on the right hand side of their name.
5. Upload your document/s by clicking 'Browse computer', 'Browse portal' (if you are uploading a document that already exists in the portal) or drag and dropping the file/s into the upload area.
To delete a document, select the rubbish bin icon to the right of the file name.
- You must tick 'This file requires eSignatures' for any documents you wish the client to 'Read & Accept'.
- At least ONE document (if you have uploaded multiple documents) must have 'This file requires eSignatures' ticked. If you wish to share documents without the need to 'Read & Accept' or sign, you need to upload them through the Uploaded Documents area. See How do I use the uploaded documents area?
- Packaged documents will be locked by default (clients will not be able to delete locked packages).
- Total of files to be sent as a group must not exceed 50MB
- Accepted file types: csv, doc, docx, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, ppt, xls, xlsx, zip.
6. Rename your package/document name (if required) and add an optional message to show your recipients before they review the document.
NOTE: The Package/file name can only be edited if you have uploaded more than one document.
To edit the name of a package/file for a single document, change the file name within section 3 'Package documents', which automatically updates the package/file name in section 4 'Inform recipients'.
7. Select the Folder/Room/Wealth item you wish to file the document/s within the client's portal.
You can choose to file the document/s within a Folder, Room or Wealth item.
Click 'Save and Next'.
8. You will be taken to the 'Request eSignatures' screen.
By default, the system will place a signature sticker on the document. Click on the signature sticker, and then click 'Clear all'.
9. A pop-up box will appear, asking if you wish to remove all signature fields. Click 'YES'.
10. Now that the signature fields have been removed, click 'Accept Only'.
11. A pop-up box will appear, asking you to select the client/s who are required to accept the document. Mark the checkbox next to the client/s who are required to read and accept and then click 'Save'.
12. The document has now been formatted to 'Read and Accept' only, and can be sent to the client/s. Click either 'Send now' or 'Send manually'.
NOTE: Depending on your sending requirements, your client can receive an email and a push notification on their mobile app advising of the signature required, but all clients will see a notification on their portal advising a signature is required. See What's the difference between 'Send' and 'Send manually' for esignatures?
Reminders are sent automatically 3 times over nine days if the document is not signed by the client.
How your client/s 'Read & Accept' a document:
Upon login to the portal, your client will follow the below process to complete the acceptance:
1. Client logs in to their portal and selects the eSignature request from the notification bell at the top of the screen.
2. They are taken to the document 'Details' screen. They must click 'Sign now'.
3. The client confirms that they are the correct signer by clicking 'OK, I am XXX'.
4. The client reads the document and scrolls to the bottom of the page. When they are at the bottom of the document an 'ACCEPT' button will appear.
To proceed, the client must click 'ACCEPT'
5. The client is then directed to click the 'Next' button to complete the signing process.
6. A confirmation page will appear to advise that the document has been accepted and stored in the client portal.
To view a copy of the accepted document, navigate to the Dashboard>Documents and the item will appear in the "All files' list.
When the client has completed the acceptance process, you can view and download copy of the evidence summary, if required. See How do I download a copy of the evidence summary?