Within the portal you have the option of adding an Individual client account (which allows for one account and one login) or a Client Group (one account multiple logins). Each login email address in the portal must be unique; this means that for clients (e.g. Husband and Wife / Partners) that share an email address they can't be created as a Client Group.
If the clients are unable to provide two unique emails, you can create one of the Clients (primary) as an Individual client account then the partner/spouse can then be added as a Family team member (not a separate login) so they're represented in the portal and can have wealth item ownership assigned to them.
When a Client group share an email address, there are certain steps you need to take in order to create the group in the portal.
To create an account for clients who share an email address:
1. Go to Clients> Client List> Add Clients> Add individual client
2. Add your primary members' name into the Client name field, along with their email address and click 'Add'.
3. Click on the 'viewing eye' next to your client's name within the Client list. This will take you into the client's portal.
4. Once in the client portal view, click 'Team'.
5. You can see that the first client exists as the 'Owner' within the family member section.
Now add each additional client within the team as a team member individually. Click on '+Add'
6. Add each additional client/group member as a 'Child, dependant or other (no access)'
NOTE: the 'Relationship' field should be sent to 'Partner/Wife/Husband' to allow the function of digital forms to operate correctly so that the client is not duplicated.
7. Once all people within the team have been added, they will appear as individuals within the team.
NOTE: Only one of the Client's names can be displayed in the Client list. If you would like both client names to be listed in the Client list, you will need to provide a second unique email address for client 2 so the account can be made into a Client Group
Now that your individuals are added, you can split the ownership of assets and liabilities as well as request eSignatures from both clients using single email address
How does asset and liability ownership work?
Can clients share an email address and still receive documents to sign?