The integrations area allows you to setup and sync documents between your Partner portal client files and the files you have stored in Google Drive.
The sync of documents stored is a great way to share files and documents with your clients and also reduce the double handling of information.
Before you begin....
The connection between Google Drive and the portal is shared across your entire firm.
Ensure you have access to your firm's shared Google Drive account and you are logged in to this account before proceeding.
What data gets imported/ exported?
Once the integration between Google Drive and your partner portal is successful, information flows from and to both systems.
You will need to create a folder for each client within your company's Google Drive account. This way, you can connect each Client's Google Drive folder to their portal account, which ensures only their own personal information is shared.
Upon initial sync, all files that exist within the client's folder in Google Drive will transfer into your client docs area of their portal.
How to link your Google Drive account:
1. In your Partner Portal, go to Configure> Integrations and click 'Setup' within Google Drive.
2. You are taken to the Google Drive setup page. Click 'Connect'.
3. A pop-up box appears, advising that you will be directed to the Google Drive website. Click 'Continue to Google Drive'.
4. You will be directed to log in. Ensure you log in using the correct credentials needed to access your firm's shared Google Drive.
5. You must allow myprosperity access to your Google account. Click' Allow'.
6. Within your firm's Google Drive account, ensure that each client has their own unique folder. If they do not have their own folder, you will need to create one.
7. Back in the portal, return to Configure>Integrations>Manage Google Drive.
Now that the integration has been setup, you need to connect client folders. Click 'Connect client folders'.
A list of your clients is displayed, with a field to paste the Google Drive folder URL.
8. Open a new browser window and navigate back to Google Drive.
Click on the client's folder to open. Once the client folder is open, copy the URL (located in the top address bar).
9. Back in the portal, search for your client within the Google Drive integration client list (you can use the Search field to quickly locate a specific client) and paste the URL into the 'Folder URL' field.
Click 'Save all changes'.
10. A confirmation window appears to advise that the client folder is now connected. The files that exist within the client's Google Drive folder will start to sync into your portal which can take a few moments.
You can now choose to sync any files you share/send with your client via the 'Sync' option.
For more information see How do I sync documents from my client's portal to Google Drive?