IMPORTANT: This integration is for OneDrive Personal and does not support OneDrive accounts that use SharePoint.
The integrations area allows you to setup and sync documents between your Partner portal client files and the files you have stored in OneDrive.
The sync of documents stored is a great way to share files and documents with your clients and also reduce the double handling of information.
Before you begin....
The connection between OneDrive and the portal is shared across your entire firm.
Ensure you have access to your firm's shared OneDrive account and you are logged in to this account before proceeding.
What data gets imported/ exported?
Once the integration between OneDrive and your partner portal is successful, information flows from and to both systems.
You will need to create a folder for each client within your company's OneDrive account. This way, you can connect each Client's OneDrive folder to their portal account, which ensures only their own personal information is shared.
Upon initial sync, all files that exist within the client's folder in OneDrive will transfer into your client docs area of their portal. These will also refresh every 5 minutes or so.
How to link your OneDrive account:
1. In your Partner Portal, go to Configure> Integrations and click 'Setup' within OneDrive.
2. You are taken to the OneDrive setup page. Click 'Connect'.
3. A pop-up box appears, advising that you will be directed to the OneDrive website. Click 'Continue to OneDrive'.
4. You will be directed to log in. Ensure you log in using the correct credentials needed to access your firm's shared OneDrive.
5. Within your firm's OneDrive account, ensure that each client has their own unique folder. If they do not have their own folder, you will need to create one. Seek assistance from OneDrive on how to do this.
6. Back in the portal, return to Configure > Integrations > Manage OneDrive.
Now that the integration has been setup, you need to connect client folders. Click 'Connect client folders'.
A list of your clients is displayed, with a field to paste the OneDrive folder URL.
7. Open a new browser window and navigate back to OneDrive.
Click on the client's folder to open. Once the client folder is open, copy the URL (located in the top address bar). Ensure you select the URL of the header account, not the sub accounts for the clients.
8. Back in the portal, search for your client within the OneDrive integration client list (you can use the Search field to quickly locate a specific client) and paste the URL into the 'Folder URL' field.
Click 'Save all changes'.
9. A confirmation window appears to advise that the client folder is now connected. The files that exist within the client's OneDrive folder will start to sync into your portal which can take a few moments.
You can now choose to sync any files you share/send with your client via the 'Sync' option.
For more information see How do I sync documents from my client's portal to OneDrive?