What is MFA?
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA), is a second layer of security that reduces the risk of unwanted access to your account. It requires a two-step identification process every time you login to your account.
Once MFA is setup, logging into your Partner Portal will require your username, password plus the second step of a temporary code or security questions.
Before you begin...
The option to enable/disable MFA at a user level is only possible if MFA is non-mandatory at a firm level.
How to enable MFA for your staff login
2. From the Partner Portal, click on the dropdown arrow next to your Profile photo.
3. Select 'Open personal wealth portal' from the dropdown menu.
4. You are now viewing your personal portal. Click the arrow next to your profile photo and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
5. A Settings pop-up box will appear. Click 'Security settings'.
6. Your Security Settings will appear. Click 'Setup MFA'.
7. The Configure MFA window will appear. Scan the QR code on your screen using the Google Authenticator app and enter the authentication code into the space provided.
Once done, click 'Verify device'.
8. Once you have verified your device, you are prompted to set up security questions and a recovery email address.
Select your security questions and answers, as well as your recovery email address and click 'Save'.
9. A message appears to confirm the successful setup of MFA.
An authentication code, or answers to your security questions will now be mandatory for you to log-in to your portal.
How to disable MFA for your staff login
1. From the Partner Portal, click on the dropdown arrow next to your Profile photo.
2. Select 'Open personal wealth portal' from the dropdown menu.
3. You are now viewing your personal portal. Click the arrow next to your profile photo and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
4. A Settings pop-up box will appear. Click 'Security settings'.
5. Your Security settings will appear. Click 'Disable MFA'.
6. A message will appear asking you to confirm the deactivation of MFA. Click 'Confirm' to proceed.
7. Once disabled, you are taken back to your Security Settings where the MFA status will show as 'Disabled'.