You may have a scenario where your client may exist in your partner portal but not yet in Xplan.
If this is the case, the portal allows you to create them in Xplan via an export. The export from within the system establishes a connection and allows data to flow between the two systems.
IMPORTANT: Only create a client from the portal if you are sure the client does not already exist in Xplan.
If the client already exists in Xplan you must follow instructions as shown in How do I connect/disconnect a client to/from their Xplan file within the partner portal?
To Create a client in Xplan from the partner portal:
1. Navigate to the Client list and locate the client you wish to create in Xplan.
2. Select the 3 dots > Integration actions > Xplan > Export items to Xplan.
3. A side screen appears showing a group of items to export. Click the Group members to review section
4. You can now click 'Create new account' .
If there are two/more co-owners, click 'Create new account' on all and then choose all other data that you want exported by turning on or off accordingly. Click Continue.
IMPORTANT: Only create a client in Xplan from the portal if you are sure they do not already exist in Xplan.
If the client already exists in Xplan you must choose the 'Link to existing' option and follow instructions as shown in How do I connect/disconnect a client to/from their Xplan file within the partner portal?
5. The system will process the information, a pop up window appears, click Ok or go straight to the Review the integration's progress here . This will be a direct link to the review page.
6. If you clicked OK - You can review the integration progress by navigating to Configure >Integrations Progress within your portal. It will show pending, but once completed will display success or partial failure.
7. Once completed successfully, log into your Xplan and search for your client created via the integration. If you brought in partners, they will both be created in Xplan with contact details and all other data requested for export in the integration process.