Establishing a connection between the client's portal and their Xplan file is necessary to carry out integration actions (importing/exporting of data).
To connect a client to their Xplan file:
- Navigate to the Client List and locate the Client
- Click the 3 dots Action button>Integration actions>Xplan>Connect to Xplan.
- A slide out window appears. Click 'Link to existing account'.
- A popup window will ask you to select the client in Xplan that you wish to link to.
Type in the client name, select them from the dropdown list and click 'Confirm'.
- Confirmation of the account chosen to link to in Xplan will appear.
- Your client is now connected to their Xplan file and you can proceed to import or export data as necessary.
To disconnect a client from their Xplan file:
- Navigate to the Client list page. Locate the Client.
- Click the 3 dots Action button>Integration actions>Xplan>Disconnect client from Xplan.
- A popup message appears. Upon disconnection, nightly sync of IPS data to the client's portal will cease, along with the ability to import/export data. If you are happy to proceed, click 'Disconnect client'.
- The client has now been disconnected from their Xplan file
If you need to connect them again, follow the Connection process above.
Note: If you have linked an item imported from Xplan to an existing item in the client's portal in error, or if the client has left your firm you will need to disconnect them from their Xplan file.