Establishing a connection between the client or entity in the portal and their MYOB Practice Management file is necessary in order to carry out an import of their data to maintain consistency between the two platforms.
Likewise, it may be necessary to disconnect a client from their MYOB Practice Management file as in the case a client is no longer with your firm.
To connect a client to their MYOB file:
- Navigate to the Client >Client list and locate the client.
- Click the 3 dots Action button>Integration actions>MYOB>Connect to MYOB.
A slide-out window will appear, asking you to select which client in MYOB PM you want to link to.
Select 'Link to existing account'.
A search box appears. Type in the Client or entity name you want to link to, click their name and select 'Confirm'.
- Once you have selected a Client/entity to link to in MYOB PM, you are taken back to the slide-out window where confirmation of the account you will link to is shown.
- The client has now been successfully linked to their MYOB PM file and a confirmation window appears.
To disconnect a client from their MYOB PM file:
- Navigate to the Client >Client list.
- Locate the client, click the 3 dots Action button >Integration actions>MYOB>Disconnect client from MYOB PM
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the disconnection. Click 'Disconnect Client'.
IMPORTANT: Once the client has been disconnected from their MYOB file, no client details can be imported. If you want to import details again, you will need to reconnect the client to their MYOB file as shown above.
- Once the disconnection has been triggered, you are taken back to the Client list where a confirmation message appears.