Establishing a connection between the client in the portal and their CFS Edge file is necessary in order to carry out an import of their data/documents to maintain consistency between the two platforms.
Likewise, it may be necessary to disconnect a client from their CFS Edge file as in the case a client is no longer with your firm.
To connect a client to CFS Edge:
- Navigate to the Client >Client list and locate the client.
- Click 'More actions'>Integration actions>CFS Edge>Connect to CFS Edge.
A slide-out window will appear, asking you to select which client in CFS Edge you want to link to.
Select 'Link to existing account'.
A search box appears. Type the Client name you want to link to, click their name and select 'Confirm'.
Once you have selected a Client to link to in CFS, you are taken back to the slide-out window where confirmation of the account you will link to is shown.
- The client has now been successfully linked to their CFS file and a confirmation window appears.
To disconnect a client from their CFS Edge file:
- Navigate to the Client >Client list.
- Locate the client, click 'More actions' >Integration actions>CFS Edge>Disconnect client from CFS Edge.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you to confirm the disconnection. Click 'Disconnect Client'.
IMPORTANT: Once the client has been disconnected from their CFS Edge file, no client details or documents can be imported. If you want to import details or documents again, you will need to reconnect the client to their CFS Edge file as shown above.
- Once the disconnection has been triggered, you are taken back to the Client list where a confirmation message appears.