Follow the steps below to set up the integration between your portal and Xero Practice Manager (XPM).
Before you get started:
1. Ensure you know what your Xero URL login is.
2. You must confirm that within XPM, third party full access is authorised. This will ensure the successful integration with your portal.
For how to complete the above, please visit the XPM support article : Third party access authorisation
To enable the integration in your portal:
- Navigate to the Configure>Integrations and select Xero Practice Manager. Click "Setup"
- If you have not already, you must enable MFA for staff and clients firm wide.
This is a requirement for XPM third party integrations. Once MFA is enabled, you will not be prompted again.
Click the link to 'Set up Firm wide mandatory MFA for staff and clients' and follow the steps as shown in How do I enable MFA for my firm
- Once MFA has been configured for your staff and clients, return to the XPM Integration screen and you will notice you are now able to connect. Click 'Connect'.
- A pop-up window opens to advise that you need to be redirected to XPM website.
Click 'Continue to XPM'.
- Once clicked, the Xero login screen appears. Add your credentials and click Log in
- As XPM is very much concerned with security, your Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) must be completed by adding the Authentication code or answering security questions and you can click the Skip this step for 30 days to avoid constant adding of this information.
- Xero will then request for myprosperity to have access to View and manage your practice manager data, click "Allow access"
7 . Once access is allowed, you are redirected back to the myprosperity integrations area where you will see if your connection was successful.
Once successful, you can begin to Import clients, entities and their contact information as necessary.