Follow the steps below to successfully set up your Xplan integration. Once set up, you can import client and spouse/partner data (i.e. client name, preferred email address, and phone number) as well as portfolios held in the IPS module, balance sheet items, income and expenses and much more.
For an overview of how the integration works, click here.
Activate Integrations in Xplan
Before you get started, you need to ensure you have activated Integrations within Xplan- this is done via the Settings area in Xplan. Activating Integrations in Xplan allows for the successful integration with your portal.
- For self-licensed Partners
If you have your own Xplan site, this can be done by your system administrator or a user with the System Settings capability. Site menu option and then System Settings > Iress Open menu option ensuring myprosperity has a green tick.
- For dealer group licensed Partners
Managed Services Customers on multi-tenanted sites should contact their Account Manager and ask for the Integration to be activated.
For more information about how to activate Integrations in Xplan, visit the Xplan Knowledge Base
1) Ensure you use the login for Xplan that has access to the IPS Portfolio feature
2) Only Partners on the legacy pricing plans, or Enhance and above, can import IPS portfolios. Partners on Connect may only import client details.
Enabling the Xplan integration in the portal:
IMPORTANT: You must ensure you are logged out of any sessions of Xplan prior to following the below steps to enable the integration.
Once you have confirmed that Integrations have been activated in Xplan, navigate to your partner portal and visit Configure>Integrations. Click 'Setup' within the Iress integration tile.
- Copy your Xplan base URL (eg. https://practicename.xplan.iress.com.au) and paste it in the ‘Xplan base URL’ field within the portal. Click ‘Connect’.
Note: Your Xplan Base URL must not have any characters after '.com.au.' For example, the URL must be https://practicename.xplan.iress.com.au
- You’ll be redirected to Xplan . Log in using your Xplan credentials.
Once your credentials have been entered, authorise the integration by clicking ‘Allow’.
- Once you click ‘Allow’ you’ll be redirected back to the portal. A message will display the status of the connection.
You are now ready to import clients and import / export client data.