Sharing documents with your clients has never been easier! The Uploaded documents area includes a list of files uploaded to your portal and your clients’ portals in the past 90 days. Not only can you view your clients uploaded documents, you can add new documents to share with your client.
Let's take a look.
To view uploaded documents:
1. Navigate to Documents > Uploaded documents.
2. A list of files uploaded to your portal and your clients’ portals in the past 90 days will be shown.
From this list, you can click the file name to download a copy of the file, or sync the document to an external document management platform (For more information visit Doc storage integrations)
3. To download the file, click the file name.
A pop-up box will appear- Click on the file name to download.
4. A new window in your browser will open, displaying the file for you to then save or download if required.
To upload a new document:
1. From the Uploaded documents list, click 'Add document'.
2. A pop up box will appear. Start typing the name of the client you wish to share the document with and select their name from the drop down list.
3. You will be taken to the upload documents area. From this screen, you can choose to simply upload a document to share with your client (no signature required).
NOTE: If the document requires an eSignature, click on the 'Request eSignature' link in the top right hand corner of the screen. You will be taken to the eSignature area of the portal (for information on eSignatures, visit How do I upload a document/s for digital signing)
4. If you are simply sharing a document with your client (no signature required) choose the type of document you are uploading by clicking on the relevant tiles. These tiles relate to where the document will be filed in the client portal.
5. Drag and drop your files into the upload area, or click 'Browse' to locate them within your computer.
Select which folder you want to store the documents in, and select the document management platform with which you wish to sync with (if applicable)
6. By default 'Lock this file so it can't be deleted' is on. This ensures that the client cannot delete the file. If you want them to be able to delete the file, simply untick.
You can choose to notify the client (push notification and email) of the document upload by ticking 'Notify XXX that this file has been uploaded to their portal'
If a signature is required, you can click the link to 'Request eSignatures now' which will take you to the eSignatures area of the portal (see How do I upload a document/s for digital signing).
Add any other supporting documents (optional), by uploading the files into the upload area.
When you are ready, click 'Upload'.
7. A confirmation page will appear, confirming that the document has been uploaded to the client's portal.
8. Back at the 'Uploaded documents' area, you will see your newly shared document is now listed.
How do I upload a document/s for digital signing?
How do I delete a document sent for signing?
Where can I get a list of all outstanding signatures for digital documents sent for signing?