Your portal allows you to provide your clients with an efficient, effective and easy way to sign multiple documents. Save time and effort for your firm and your clients by requesting signatures via the portal- no more printing, scanning and emailing sensitive information back and forth!
eSignatures is available to use if your company’s subscription enables this.
To upload a document/s for digital signing:
1. In your Partner Portal, type your client's name in the search bar next to your firm logo. The clients name will appear in a dropdown box. Hover over the name with your mouse and select 'Client list'.
2. Click on the 'Request e-signature' icon in the Actions column.
3. You will be taken to the eSignature area. By default, the client will be listed as recipient number 1.
You can add additional recipients by clicking '+Add recipient'.
NOTE: eSignatures require full names (first and last names). If you have a client with just a first name displayed, edit the signer name by going to the 'Team' section of the client portal and ensure the client has a first and last name.
Add a new recipient: Allows you to add an external party to the document package. Add in their first and last name as well as email address. New signers will be added as guests into the client's account (with no access permissions other than to sign document).
Add a team member: Select a team member who already exists within the client portal.
Add a recipient with shared email: Allows you to send the document for signing using an email address that already exists in the portal. This is ideal for clients who share an email address.
To delete a recipient: Click the rubbish bin icon on the right hand side of their name.
4. Upload your document/s by clicking 'Browse computer', 'Browse portal' (if you are uploading a document that already exists in the portal) or drag and dropping the file/s into the upload area.
To delete a document, select the rubbish bin icon to the right of the file name.
NOTE - File upload requirements:
- Max file size for signing : 16MB
- Total of files to be sent as a package must not exceed 50MB
- Accepted formats without signing: csv, doc, docx, gif, jpeg, jpg, pfd, png, ppt, xls, xlsx, zip.
- You must select at least ONE document for e-signing.
If you do not tick at least one of the e-signature checkboxes, an error message will appear asking you to select at least one document for signing.
- Packaged documents will be locked by default (clients will not be able to delete locked packages).
5. Rename your package/file name (if required) and add an optional message to show your recipients before they review the document.
NOTE: The Package/file name can only be edited if you have uploaded more than one document.
To edit the name of a package/file for a single document, change the file name within section 3 'Package documents', which will automatically update the package/file name in section 4 'Inform recipients'.
6. Select the area in which you want to file the document/s in the client's portal.
You can choose to file the document/s within a Folder, Room or Wealth item.
7. By selecting 'Show more' in Advanced options, you can choose to sync the document/s to an external document storage provider (if applicable).
You can also select the eSignature provider if you are not using the default provider. Then click 'Save and next'
8. Use the next screen to position and allocate the type of signatures required. You can Delete the current ones on the first page if the actual signature is required on a page further down just by using the 'Clear all' button. This removes the need to drag the signing label to other pages.
9. You can drag and drop the tabs to the required positions.
10. You can add additional signatures by identifying the page and position of the signature required, selecting the recipient by clicking on their name in the Recipients section and then clicking on the “Signature” option in the Fields section.
11. Once a signature has been placed on the document it can be edited by clicking on the signature tab that was placed. Once a tab has been selected the right section of the page provides options to change the tabs Settings as well as Field Formatting options to adjust the font size.
12. Within this Settings section you have the ability to change the recipient of the signature as well as the type of signature this tab represents.
- Click to Sign - The client will click and it will show an electronic stamp recording the name and date signed.
- Click to Initial - The client will click and it will add the client’s initials where placed.
- Capture Signature - The client will be required to actually sign their name using their finger on their phone screen or computer touchscreen or use their computer’s mouse to sign their name.
13. In the Fields section you can add a number of signature based fields as well as a variety of checkbox and text field options. These options become available once a placed signature field has been selected. To view all Field options place your cursor over the Fields section and scroll down using either a mouse-wheel or by clicking and dragging the scrollbar that appears.
Text field: Allows the recipient to add text. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field.
Text area: This is a multi-line area that accepts any text entered by the signer prior to signing. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field.
Checkbox: Allows the recipient to tick a checkbox. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field.
Radio: Used to select one of many given choices. Radio buttons are shown in radio groups to show a set of related options, only one of which can be selected. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field.
List: Allows you to create a list of responses the recipient can choose from. You have the option to create this as a mandatory field
Label field: This is a READ-ONLY label that will be stamped on the PDF.
14. Using the “Accept Only” option under the Recipients section allows you to make this eSignature request only require the client to accept the document and not have to sign. Selecting this option will remove all signatures and fields that were added previously. You will then be prompted to choose who is required to accept the document when received.
For more information, see Can I send a document to a client to read and accept without requesting a signature?
15. When you have finished, click ‘Send’ or ‘Send Manually’.
Click here for more information on the difference between ‘Send’ and ‘Send Manually’.
Depending on your sending requirements, your client can receive an email and a push notification on their mobile app advising of the signature required, but all clients will see a notification on their portal advising a signature is required.
Note: Reminders are sent automatically 3 times over nine days if the document is not signed by the client.