When an entity is created with its own workspace, you can add Connections and Professionals to the entity- these are individuals who make up the entity's team
Connections (e.g. Director, CEO, Shareholder) or Professionals (e.g. Accountant, Lawyer, Adviser) can be given permission to act on behalf of the entity (permission to complete digital forms for the entity) by using the 'Authorised User' permission setting.
Note: You can add a connection to an entity quickly via the Client list.
To add a connection or professional to an entity via the entity workspace:
- From the Entity workspace, navigate to 'Team'.
- In the Team area there are 3 types of team members you can record: Entities, Connections or Professionals.
Click 'Add' to add a new entity, connection or professional.
Note: If adding an entity, simply click 'Add' and then select the entity type, enter the name and click 'Save'. This will record the entity in the Team section, with no further steps required.
- If adding a new connection or professional, firstly select the level of access this individual has to the entity workspace:
a) No guest access (Only available when adding a Connection- a suitable option if you wish to only record the team member)
Enter the connection's name, DOB and their relationship to the entity.
b) Guest access (suitable for connections or professionals who need access to the entity workspace).
Enter the connection's name, email address, relationship to the entity and configure the permission level.
'Send invite' will trigger an invitation email to the connection, where they can activate their account.
c) Authorised User access: (Select this option if you want the connection/professional to be able to complete digital forms on the entity's behalf)
Enter the connection's name, email address, their relationship to the entity.
Select the 'Custom' access level and then turn ON the Authorised user setting.
Click 'Send invite' - this will trigger an invitation email to the connection, where they can activate their account.
- Once the Entity, Connection or Professional have been added to the Entity's team, they are visible in the Team area and their details and permissions (if applicable) can be edited as necessary.
To add a connection to a workspace via the Client list:
- From the Client list, locate the entity you want to add a connection to, select 'More actions' and choose 'Add team member'.
- A pop-up window appears. Search for the Client you want to add as a connection to the entity and click 'Add'.
IMPORTANT: If adding a connection via the Client List, only clients who already exist in the Client list can be added.
- Once a client has been chosen as the connection to the entity, you are prompted to configure their relationship to the entity as well as the level of access they will have to the entity's workspace. When done, click 'Send invite'. This will trigger an invitation email to the person, to join the entity's team.
NOTE: If you want the connection to have Authorised User permissions, be sure to select the 'Custom' access option. For more information about Authorised Users see How do I add a connection, professional or authorised user to an entity?
- Once the connection is added, you are taken back to the Client list where a message is displayed confirming the connection has been added to the Entity's team.
- By viewing the Team section of the entity's workspace, you will see the newly added connection.