Watch this Video to see how to complete this task, or read the instructions below.
The portal allows you to provide your clients with an efficient, effective and easy way to sign documents.
eSignatures is available to use if your company’s subscription enables this.
If your clients share an email address for their household, it is still possible to get digital signatures from the different individuals.
Enabling the system:
To allow the same email to be used by different individuals, your system must enabled it first. To enable shared emails:
- In your Partner portal>Documents>eSignatures
- Click on the Settings COG to open the eSignature settings
- Click ‘Allow signers to share email’ and click Save
- Once saved, begin sending a document to a client with a shared email address. The only adjustment that is required in sending a document now is choosing the same person from the drop down list and editing the name to reflect the partner/spouse etc. See below steps.
To send a document:
- Follow the instructions for eSignatures, but when adding signatures, follow below:
- Signature 1: will be main email address and name from drop down
- Signature 2: choose same person as signature 1, then click Edit Name
- A window opens to add the first and last name of the partner/spouse. Amend and click Update.
- Your Signature 2 name will now reflect the new name and show the same email address.
- Complete the Upload Document sections and click Upload.
- Once uploaded, a signature tag will reflect each signers name. Place signatures as normal.
- Click either 'Send manually' or 'Send now'.
What's the difference between 'Send now' and 'Send manually' for eSignatures?
Difference on client side:
- Client receives email, clicks on their link and logs into the portal.
- Alarm Bell at the top right of the page will show new task, clicks on sign task
- Two forms will be shown for the same document, choose one, and click ‘Sign’
- Once ‘sign’ is clicked, a Confirmation screen pops open, this will request confirming you are the person supposed to be signing (OK, I am …) . If you are not, just click ‘Not me’
The client will then run through normal signing process.
Note: For assistance on sending documents for signing see How do I upload a document for eSignatures?