When staff leave or no longer need access to the system, a staff member should be removed from having access.
To remove a staff member from the partner portal, there are 4 steps involved.
Step 1: Staff member removes themselves from all open Rooms or close the Rooms they are in.
Ensure the staff member who is leaving removes themselves from any and all open rooms.
If they are the only staff member in a room, it is best to add another staff member in the room first.
- Click on the door icon to enter the room.
- Remove the staff member from a Room via the Members tab. Click the trash in the corner to remove. If there are no other members of your firm, allocate another prior to removing yourself.
NOTE: If you are not part of the room, it will have a Join Room and you don't need to worry about these rooms.
Step 2: Reassigning clients to another staff member.
NOTE: You must first ensure clients under the staff members’ login are assigned to other staff members prior to unassigning and deleting the staff member.
In your Partner Portal, click on Client List (should be done in the staff portal you are going to be removing).
Click on the box next to Name in the main screen. This should select all client files.
Click 'Assign staff member'
- Choose the staff member/s that will be assigned the client files and also the staff access levels to the clients. Click 'Assign'.
Step 3: Unassign staff member from client files
Navigate to the Client list and type in the staff member's name into the top search field.
Select the clients of the staff member you would like to delete by ticking the box next to their name.
Click the ‘I want to’ dropdown box and choose Unassign staff members.
Choose the staff member's name from the pop up box and click ‘Unassign staff from clients’
You can now continue to remove the staff member.
Step 4: Remove Staff member
In your Partner Portal, click on Admin Settings>Staff
Find staff member profile you would like to remove and click on their name.
Once profile opened, Click 'Remove this staff member'.
A confirmation box opens, click ‘Yes, remove’ to remove the staff member from access to the Partner Portal.
The staff member will then be removed from your Partner Portal.
1. If the staff member still has clients assigned to their login, the member cannot be removed.
2. A staff member who has been removed will still have an individual portal under their login details.
How do I add and invite staff to my partner portal?
How do I manage permissions for my staff?