Let us do the hard work for you! Upload a CSV file to batch upload clients, team members and entities.
Who can complete this upload?
Only staff within the portal with Owner access can complete this task.
To begin the process:
- Export the relevant data from your practice management software and save it as a CSV file. Save the clients , team member and entity list separately.
- In your Partner Portal, go to Client>Client List
- Click ‘Add A Client’.
- Choose the CSV file upload from the list.
- Choose the list you are uploading by clicking the circle (radio button) next to Client list, Staff Csv or Entity CSV.
- Once you choose which csv , a drop down menu appears asking to download the template required to ensure the csv file is in the proper format required by the system. All headers of the template must be consistent and your information can be added as appropriate.
- Once you add your information in the appropriate columns, save your file.
- In the upload your CSV file area, choose the type of upload and drop your file in the area or browse for the location you saved it.
- Once selected, a confirmation box of the file is acknowledged in a box below the Upload your CSV file area. If you are uploading clients, a set access level to Clients wealth portal pops up. This will denote the access level the individual staff will have access to the client file.
- Once decision made, click Save and next and then a confirmation message is shown upon Success of the upload.
- You will be notified by email. Once notified, log back into your Partner Portal> Client> Client List and you will see the clients in the list with the word NEW next to them. The clients have not yet been invited, so you will need to invite individually or using the Bulk actions at the top of the screen and selecting the clients you would like to invite.
Note: Please allow up to two business days for the data in the CSV file to appear in your portal. Client accounts are created as Starter by default and you can then choose to upgrade them to Pro. No emails are sent to these clients until you send them an invitation.
Note: If you are importing clients, staff on the csv must be current staff otherwise the client will not be added. You can select one staff to add all clients and then assign to staff internally later by bulk or send the staff CSV first and once uploaded can add clients.
You may also be interested in How to use bulk actions on your client list.