***Watch this video to see how to work inside the Room feature How do I work inside the Room feature? or read instructions below.***
Once a room is created, you, your client and other invited professionals will be able to communicate, share documents, add tasks and invite others. A chat log will be maintained showing who did what and when within the room and also provide some handy hints/reminders.
There are 4 tabs within the Room.
The chat area is the central communication log within the room and also reflects the flow of information.
Messages can be added manually by simply typing your message in the space provided. Similar to other online chat software, you can even add emojis. This is a great way for all to be ‘in the know’ or ‘on the same page’.
When a document, task or person is added, the chat reflects the action and when it came about.
In the document section, various required documents can be uploaded to complete the task at hand. By having this one central hub, providing the same information repeatedly is eliminated, saving time and frustration.
Documents can be added by uploading them in the system or using documents previously uploaded in the client portal.
To upload a document:
- In the Room > Documents ,click Add Document
2. Choose “By uploading” or From Client existing documents.
- Choosing ‘uploading’ in the window, choose a file or drop and drag the file you would like to upload. Most types of files are acceptable.
- Choosing “client existing documents” gives you a list of current documents in the client file to choose from. Select your file and click Import.
- Once the file is chosen and the upload is complete, the Chat tab reflects a new action, the document is listed in the Documents list and the client is notified.
- Back in the chat tab, a new message from the Concierge will show the file was added with the date provided.
The tasks area of Rooms is a practical to-do list for all.
Tasks are created here for people within the room and progress of those tasks can be viewed.
To add a task:
- In the Rooms >Choose Room> Enter Room
- In the Room > Tasks , click Add Task
- Choose from the drop down list what you would like to add:
- Add a to-do - add a reminder for a task to be completed and assigned to anyone accessing the room
- Add a digital Form - an electronic form produced from within your partner portal which enables a client to complete a questionnaire with information about their financial world. Examples include Fact finds and financial checklists.
Note: this is only sent to client once added to the room and sent to client is clicked in the Action of the task or in the View Task Details.
- Add a document to sign: Send clients documents to sign digitally through the tasks area. See How to Send a Document for signing.
- Once a task is added, it will be listed in the task page, a notification will be sent to the task assignee and the chat log will have a message notification.
- Back in the chat tab, a new message from the Concierge will show the task was added with the add date.
How do I mark a Task as Completed?
- Once the task is completed, in the task list, click the check in the actions area.
- Once the check is clicked, the task will be marked as complete and the flag is removed and replaced with a checkon the left . The Chat tab will display a message indicator .
- Back in the chat tab, a new message from the Concierge will show the To-do was completed with the date marked as complete..
Within the Room, the People tab shows all those invited to share the information and tasks within the room.
The person who creates the room is added to the room automatically. All room members can invite people to join the room. You can invite current team members and your staff members.
To add people to the room:
- In the Partner Portal > Rooms> Enter room
- Once in the room, click the People tab.
- Click ‘Add people’ and a drop down menu with adding options will appear.
- Choose from either add a team member, or add a staff member from your portal.
- Add a team member: Shows all team members in the portal. Simply click on the member to add to the room and click Invite.
The team member will receive notification., and a chat log will show team member joined the room.
- Add a staff member: A current staff member of the firm can be added to a client’s room by clicking ‘Add a staff member’ and choosing the staff from the list. Click “Invite to Room”
- An email notification is sent to the person to advise they have been added and the person is added in the People tab.
- The Chat tab will reflect the new person in the Room as a new message from the Concierge will be added.
Note: To delete a person from the Room, simply click the ‘People’ tab and click on the rubbish bin in the box with the member’s name.