Creating clients within your Partner Portal and sending a document to sign as the invitation task is a quick, easy and beneficial way to introduce a client to the portal and ensure you receive those signed documents back in a safe and timely manner.
Before you begin...
Ensure that your e-signature settings are configured to your firms needs. Turn on/off the settings shown below as necessary:
1. You can allow signers to share the same email, ideal for spouses who share the same email address.
2. When onboarding a new client using an e-signature request, you can choose to automatically send the client an activation email even when using the 'Send Manually' option.
You can also
How to onboard your clients using an e-signature request (document for electronic signing)
- In your Partner Portal navigate to Clients>Client list.
- Click 'Add clients'.
- Select Add Individual or Add Client Group to add.
- Enter their name, email address and advise if they are a Personal or Business client. You can also choose their subscription type.
Ensure you select 'NO' to sending the client a welcome email.
Once you have set up your individual or client group, click 'Add'.
- Your Client/Client Group will appear in your client list with the word 'New' next to their name.
To open a new e-signature request, click the 'Request e-signature' button under the Actions column.
- Follow the instructions to upload a document/s for digital signing.
Ensure you select the necessary 'Send' button (Send now or Send manually) depending on your requirements.
- Your client will receive an email to request signature and will then need to activate their account.
- It is important to keep track of your outstanding e-signature requests and follow up with the client/s as required.
Example Invitation email when onboarding client using e-signature request.
Email Subject: New document to action